Quantcast

After logout browser back button shows all visited page

After logout browser back button shows all visited page

sunil.rajput

Dear Frinds,

                   I am developing a project using cakephp and i have
a problem with that, after logout when i am click on browser back
button it shows every page without checking the session . i want that
after logout no page display from browser history it should be first
check the session for login.

please help me.

thanks

Sunil.Rajput

Re: After logout browser back button shows all visited page

brian-9

Have a look at Controller::disableCache() or manually set these
headers in AppController::beeeforeRender():

header('pragma: no-cache');
header('Cache-Control: no-cache, must-revalidate');
header('Expires: Sat, 1 Jan 2005 00:00:00 GMT');

You can also put these in META tags in your layout but those aren't as
effective as proper headers.

On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 8:34 AM, sunil.rajput <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear Frinds,
>
>                   I am developing a project using cakephp and i have
> a problem with that, after logout when i am click on browser back
> button it shows every page without checking the session . i want that
> after logout no page display from browser history it should be first
> check the session for login.
>
> please help me.
>
> thanks
>
> Sunil.Rajput

Re: After logout browser back button shows all visited page

BrendonKoz

teknoid actually just posted an article about this today:
http://teknoid.wordpress.com/2009/05/07/dont-cache-my-form-and-session-data/

On May 8, 10:13 am, brian <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Have a look at Controller::disableCache() or manually set these
> headers in AppController::beeeforeRender():
>
> header('pragma: no-cache');
> header('Cache-Control: no-cache, must-revalidate');
> header('Expires: Sat, 1 Jan 2005 00:00:00 GMT');
>
> You can also put these in META tags in your layout but those aren't as
> effective as proper headers.
>

> On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 8:34 AM, sunil.rajput <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Dear Frinds,
>
> >                   I am developing a project using cakephp and i have
> > a problem with that, after logout when i am click on browser back
> > button it shows every page without checking the session . i want that
> > after logout no page display from browser history it should be first
> > check the session for login.
>
> > please help me.
>
> > thanks
>
> > Sunil.Rajput- Hide quoted text -

Re: After logout browser back button shows all visited page

brian-9

On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 12:33 PM, Brendon Kozlowski
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> teknoid actually just posted an article about this today:
> http://teknoid.wordpress.com/2009/05/07/dont-cache-my-form-and-session-data/

I love that site. I recommend it often.

Re: After logout browser back button shows all visited page

sunil.rajput

Dear brian,

                 Thanks for response and solution regarding the cache,
The problem has been solved in IE browser but in mozila the problem is
still same.

             So please what about for mozila.

Thanks,

On May 8, 10:13 am, brian <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Have a look at Controller::disableCache() or manually set these
> headers in AppController::beeeforeRender():
>
> header('pragma: no-cache');
> header('Cache-Control: no-cache, must-revalidate');
> header('Expires: Sat, 1 Jan 2005 00:00:00 GMT');
>
> You can also put these in META tags in your layout but those aren't as
> effective as proper headers.
>
> On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 8:34 AM, sunil.rajput <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Dear Frinds,
>
> >                   I am developing a project using cakephp and i have
> > a problem with that, after logout when i am click onbrowserback
> >buttonit shows every page without checking the session . i want that
> > after logout no page display frombrowserhistory it should be first
> > check the session for login.
>
> > please help me.
>
> > thanks
>
> > Sunil.Rajput

Re: After logout browser back button shows all visited page

brian-9

Yes, they handle things differently, of course. I'm not sure of the
correct procedure. Have a look here:

http://blog.httpwatch.com/2008/10/15/two-important-differences-between-firefox-and-ie-caching/

On Sat, May 9, 2009 at 2:08 AM, sunil.rajput <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear brian,
>
>                 Thanks for response and solution regarding the cache,
> The problem has been solved in IE browser but in mozila the problem is
> still same.
>
>             So please what about for mozila.
>
> Thanks,
>
> On May 8, 10:13 am, brian <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Have a look at Controller::disableCache() or manually set these
>> headers in AppController::beeeforeRender():
>>
>> header('pragma: no-cache');
>> header('Cache-Control: no-cache, must-revalidate');
>> header('Expires: Sat, 1 Jan 2005 00:00:00 GMT');
>>
>> You can also put these in META tags in your layout but those aren't as
>> effective as proper headers.
>>
>> On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 8:34 AM, sunil.rajput <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> > Dear Frinds,
>>
>> >                   I am developing a project using cakephp and i have
>> > a problem with that, after logout when i am click onbrowserback
>> >buttonit shows every page without checking the session . i want that
>> > after logout no page display frombrowserhistory it should be first
>> > check the session for login.
>>
>> > please help me.
>>
>> > thanks
>>
>> > Sunil.Rajput

Re: After logout browser back button shows all visited page

dr. Hannibal Lecter

Why not call $this->disableCache() in your controller and let cake
take care of that?

http://api.cakephp.org/class/controller#method-ControllerdisableCache

On May 9, 4:36 pm, brian <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yes, they handle things differently, of course. I'm not sure of the
> correct procedure. Have a look here:
>
> http://blog.httpwatch.com/2008/10/15/two-important-differences-betwee...
>
> On Sat, May 9, 2009 at 2:08 AM, sunil.rajput <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Dear brian,
>
> >                 Thanks for response and solution regarding the cache,
> > The problem has been solved in IE browser but in mozila the problem is
> > still same.
>
> >             So please what about for mozila.
>
> > Thanks,
>
> > On May 8, 10:13 am, brian <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >> Have a look at Controller::disableCache() or manually set these
> >> headers in AppController::beeeforeRender():
>
> >> header('pragma: no-cache');
> >> header('Cache-Control: no-cache, must-revalidate');
> >> header('Expires: Sat, 1 Jan 2005 00:00:00 GMT');
>
> >> You can also put these in META tags in your layout but those aren't as
> >> effective as proper headers.

Re: After logout browser back button shows all visited page

Chetan Patel

Hello Sunil

I use it in AppController:

public function beforeRender() {
    $this
->response->disableCache();

}

Thanks
Chetan Patel

--
Our newest site for the community: CakePHP Video Tutorials http://tv.cakephp.org
Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://ask.cakephp.org and help others with their CakePHP related questions.

Re: After logout browser back button shows all visited page

Nikunj Amipara
hi all
 i am having same problem. disabling cache works but i don't wont that  is there a way to disable (clear ) it when logging out
thanks