Baking unit tests does not use inflections?

Baking unit tests does not use inflections?

Synchro-2

I noticed while baking a classic 'status' model, that it creates tests
for 'statu', even though I have entries filled in for status =>
statuses in several places in inflections.php (and the model baking
itself seems to use it). Is this a bug in bake?