Caching images?

Kesher

I'm trying to cache images from mysql, but it doesn't seem to work.
Images are loaded slowly and "tmp/cache/views" folder is empty.

To display a image, I use the view "images/display/$id". I have added
the CACHE_CHECK thing to core.php. I wrote this on images controller:

var $helpers = array('Cache');
var $cacheAction = array('display/' => 100000);

What else should I do?