Quantcast

CakeEmail with dynamic templates

Arnold Roa
Hi, i want to use CakeEmail library to send email in some occasions.

The issue i have is that i need to load the view template and layout
from a field in DB and not from a file (this is because each user on
my system can personalize email templates and layour), and also i have
###TEXT### on the templates that need to be replace.

What is the best way to approach this goal?

I know i have to do my own code for this, but can someone on list
please guide me? how "should" i do this?

--
Our newest site for the community: CakePHP Video Tutorials http://tv.cakephp.org
Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://ask.cakephp.org and help others with their CakePHP related questions.

Re: CakeEmail with dynamic templates

Thaissa Mendes
Hi,

Not sure if it's the best approach, but when I did that I built a component, who was calling the DB record, replacing the strings, set to a default template, and sending the email.

I can publish my component somewhere if you think it'll help.

Thaissa.

On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 6:05 PM, Arnold <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Tilen Majerle
create layout for email and put into: <?php print $content_for_layout; ?>
Then, create an element for email with content: <?php print $content; ?>
and in you code, retrieve layout code from database, replace what you need and this content set to this element :)
it will print just what you set :)

Understand ? :)
--
Lep pozdrav, Tilen Majerle