CakePHP 2.x translation fallback

Zbigniew Ledwoń
I need to have fallback in translation.

If I have 2 translations ex.: 'eng' and 'es'
Some records have both translations and some only one or none.
I hoped that if I do it this way:

$this->Post->locale = ['es', 'eng'];
$results = $this->Post->find('first', array(
    'conditions' => array('' => $id)
I'll get 'es' translation and if 'es' is not available I'll get 'eng'.
but this does not seem to work. If I set 'locale' to a single value 'eng' or 'es' it works fine, but when I set $this->locale = ['es', 'eng'];
It seems to be ignored and no translation is taken into the result, just data from model table.

Like Us on FaceBook
Find us on Twitter

Visit this group at
For more options, visit