CakePHP 3 - SqlServer - CentOS (Linux)

manoel neto

Good day,

I'm sorry for the English.

I searched a lot and have not found a solution , I would like some help on how to use SQLServer in Cake running on CentOS 6 .

I have the following scenario :

-> CentOS v6.7

-> CakePHP 3

-> SQLServer 2008 R2

Documentation Cake directs the PDO sqlsrv , however this is only available for Windows.

Thank´s,

Manoel Neto

Re: CakePHP 3 - SqlServer - CentOS (Linux)

Adaro2000
Hi Manoel Neto,

I'm new with CakePHP.

But concerning the way to connect SQLServer with Cake, I think you can install freetds, unixodbc and php5-sybase. You have to configure them as to let you connect Cake to the database.

Please, can you try it and let me know the issue ?

On Friday, November 20, 2015 at 11:53:24 AM UTC, manoel neto wrote:

Good day,

I'm sorry for the English.

I searched a lot and have not found a solution , I would like some help on how to use SQLServer in Cake running on CentOS 6 .

I have the following scenario :

-> CentOS v6.7

-> CakePHP 3

-> SQLServer 2008 R2

Documentation Cake directs the PDO sqlsrv , however this is only available for Windows.

Thank´s,

Manoel Neto

Re: CakePHP 3 - SqlServer - CentOS (Linux)

manoel neto
Good afternoon Adaro ,

Had tried the SyBase and UnixODBC , the cake showed me that the class had not been met. As there was urgency in the course of the project changed the architecture for Windows Server 2008 using IIS , was enough to install PDO sqlsrv ( exclusively for Windows ) that the connection happened.

I continue the search, as I believe we can find cases that will not be possible to use IIS and SQLServer will need . If you think something pass , I perform the tests.

Thank you,

Manoel Lopes