Quantcast

Debugger Class not found - CakePHP 2.1 - PHP 5.4

Debugger Class not found - CakePHP 2.1 - PHP 5.4

igotskils
Hello,

I have a strange problem. I run on Cakephp 2.1 App on PHP 5.4 and 5.3.10.
On PHP 5.3.10 is everything fine but on 5.4 i get this error:

Fatal error: Class 'Debugger' not found in /***/beta/app/Plugin/Markitup/View/Helper/MarkitupHelper.php on line 161

The line 161 is the last line of the file.

The head of the Helper looks like this:

App::import('Core', 'Debugger');
App::uses('AppHelper', 'View/Helper');

class MarkitupHelper extends AppHelper {

The funny think is that happens although with the DebugKit Plugin.

Does anyone have the same problem?

Does anyone had the same Problem?

--
Our newest site for the community: CakePHP Video Tutorials http://tv.cakephp.org
Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://ask.cakephp.org and help others with their CakePHP related questions.

Re: Debugger Class not found - CakePHP 2.1 - PHP 5.4

igotskils
I tried to find this error by myself.
If I dont extend the MarkitupHelper with the AppHelper the error will no appear?!
I dont know what that mean but maybe someone has now an idea?

Am Mittwoch, 21. März 2012 10:20:55 UTC+1 schrieb traedamatic:
[...]

Sam Sherlock
where did the code come from?
is it from
https://github.com/jadb/cakephp-markitup/blob/master/views/helpers/markitup.php

and you ran the upgrade shell
2.0 has no javascript helper - if so the helper will need additional changes to
make it work

 - S

On 22 March 2012 23:34, traedamatic <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

No,
i use a other Markitup Helper. You can find the code here http://pastie.org/3652137
But the strange thing is that the DebugKit will create that Fatal error, too.

Am Freitag, 23. März 2012 01:58:52 UTC+1 schrieb sams:
[...]

Problem SOLVED!

php 5.4 needs public and private keywords with function and attributes!!!

[...]

che_anj
Hi traedamatic,

I have the same problem, how did u resolve this issues.

thank you very much

On Friday, March 23, 2012 10:33:24 PM UTC+8, traedamatic wrote:
Problem SOLVED!

php 5.4 needs public and private keywords with function and attributes!!!

Am Mittwoch, 21. März 2012 10:20:55 UTC+1 schrieb traedamatic:
Hello,

I have a strange problem. I run on Cakephp 2.1 App on PHP 5.4 and 5.3.10.
On PHP 5.3.10 is everything fine but on 5.4 i get this error:

Fatal error: Class 'Debugger' not found in /***/beta/app/Plugin/​Markitup/View/Helper/​MarkitupHelper.php on line 161

The line 161 is the last line of the file.

The head of the Helper looks like this:

App::import('Core', 'Debugger');
App::uses('AppHelper', 'View/Helper');

class MarkitupHelper extends AppHelper {

The funny think is that happens although with the DebugKit Plugin.

Does anyone have the same problem?

Does anyone had the same Problem?

Re: Debugger Class not found - CakePHP 2.1 - PHP 5.4

Vanja Dizdarević
This thread shows in lots of search results, so just to extend the answer just a little bit...

A Component was throwing the same error on Cake 2.2.1 and PHP 5.4.6. I figured it was because I added the startup() method, but forgot to type-hint the class of the parameter (Controller).

Basically, instead of:

function startup( ){

}

you should use:

public function startup( Controller $Controller) {

}

Without the public keyword, method still works for me (the public visibility is then inherited). If I use "private", "static", "protected", etc., error occurs. If I use "final", the method still works.
Which all makes big sense from OOP point of view.

If I remove the Controller type hint in the method property declaration, PHP throws error. PHP got really strict on method visibility and overrides since 5.2+.

Further reading about PHP objects: visibility, inheritance, type hinting

When extending Core classes and writing callbacks (or overriding some other methods), it's always good to check (and copy) the methods you're overriding. This way you always have strong declarations, visibility and parameters are in check (and conventionally named). You also catch a glimpse of core code, which is always good. :)