Force Browser Caching image in Cake 3.x

Nilson Pena-2
How can I force a browser caching in Cake 3.2?

I have an avatar image in my navbar (menu) that is served by a cake response action:

public function showAvatar($funcionario_id) {
        $this->response->file(ROOT . "/files/funcionarios/avatars/$funcionario_id . '.jpg'");

        $this->response->cache('-1 minute', '+5 days');

        return $this->response;

But in firebug, I see that this image is not cached in browser.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks You in advance

We will soon be closing this Google Group. But don't worry, we have something better coming. Stay tuned for an updated from the CakePHP Team soon.
Like Us on FaceBook
Follow us on Twitter
For more options, visit