Quantcast

Multi-Language content page

hoss7
i want use this
http://bakery.cakephp.org/articles/p0windah/2007/09/12/p28n-the-top-to-bottom-persistent-internationalization-tutorial

for create Multi-Language website,how can i manage page for show some
content for some language?

this content is in database

is better way for create Multi-Language website?

Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://cakeqs.org and help others with their CakePHP related questions.

[hidden email] For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en

Re: Multi-Language content page

bogdanv
use i18n ... you will find it in the cake manual

--
Vivi
http://photos.vr-3d.net

Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://cakeqs.org and help others with their CakePHP related questions.

Re: Multi-Language content page

Amit Badkas

For database based translations, use Translate behavior, http://book.cakephp.org/view/1328/Translate

Amit Badkas

PHP Applications for E-Biz: http://www.sanisoft.com

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 1:52 PM, hoss7 <[hidden email]> wrote:
i want use this
http://bakery.cakephp.org/articles/p0windah/2007/09/12/p28n-the-top-to-bottom-persistent-internationalization-tutorial

for create Multi-Language website,how can i manage page for show some
content for some language?

this content is in database

is better way for create Multi-Language website?

Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://cakeqs.org and help others with their CakePHP related questions.

[hidden email] For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en

Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://cakeqs.org and help others with their CakePHP related questions.

[hidden email] For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en

Re: Multi-Language content page

hoss7
how can i read url for select one language content from database?

http://localhost/en/post/index
or
http://localhost/post/index/en

Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://cakeqs.org and help others with their CakePHP related questions.

[hidden email] For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en

Re: Multi-Language content page

Amit Badkas
Hi,

For /post/index/en, you will get 'en' as PostsController::index() method's first argument and then you can set the language using the code something like

class PostsController extends AppController
{
    function index($locale = 'en')
    {
        Configure::write('Config.language', $locale);
        $data = $this->Post->find('all');

On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 9:42 AM, hoss7 <[hidden email]> wrote:
how can i read url for select one language content from database?

http://localhost/en/post/index
or
http://localhost/post/index/en

Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://cakeqs.org and help others with their CakePHP related questions.

[hidden email] For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en

Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://cakeqs.org and help others with their CakePHP related questions.

[hidden email] For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en

Re: Multi-Language content page

hoss7
i cant understand this language content only for some text or can i
use for show some text for link?
i want all text load from database but all link text load from po file
or something like that?
and how can i set default  language?
i am confuse now for what i am must to do.

Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://cakeqs.org and help others with their CakePHP related questions.

[hidden email] For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en

[hidden email] For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en

Re: Multi-Language content page

hoss7
if i want use http://localhost/en/post/index what i am must to do?

and you say :        $data = $this->Post->find('all');
in post table i must have example : lang_type and if user select this
url i must load all post content with lang_type='en' is this code
work?
and how can i change all links,for example:
my default  language is :en
and when user select this link www.example.com/fr i want all link
change to this www.example.com/fr/post and www.example.com/fr/image
and when user select www.example.com all link www.example.com//post
and www.example.com/image with default language

Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://cakeqs.org and help others with their CakePHP related questions.

[hidden email] For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en

Re: Multi-Language content page

Amit Badkas
Hi,

Have you read the documentation for which I had given you the links? From your question, it seems that you are not following the CakePHP way to store multi-lingual data in database.

On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 3:15 PM, hoss7 <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

i am read,but i cant understand this:
It's a good idea to serve up public content available in multiple
languages from a unique url - this makes it easy for users (and search
engines) to find what they're looking for in the language they are
expecting. There are several ways to do this, it can be by using
language specific subdomains (en.example.com, fra.example.com, etc.),
or using a prefix to the url such as is done with this application.
You may also wish to glean the information from the browser’s user-
agent, among other things.

how can i create links for do this, and i am new in cakephp and i
think i am in wrong way for start and create this in my project step
by step.

Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://cakeqs.org and help others with their CakePHP related questions.

[hidden email] For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php?hl=en

Re: Multi-Language content page

Salines
1. You must have two table ex posts and post_i18ns, where second's
store all translated content.
2. Setup your model to use Translate behaviors.
3. Setup your controllers to use i18ns ( view content in the  primary
language,  foreign language, view untranslated post, etc)
4. setup your Router for using :lang parametar