Problems connecting to MySQL 4.1 on PHP 5.1.1 using IIS 6

Problems connecting to MySQL 4.1 on PHP 5.1.1 using IIS 6

Matt-134

I'm currently testing out a site on a server running MySQL 4.1, PHP
5.1.1 and IIS 6 and I'm having problems connecting to the database as I
always get the message:

"Your database configuration file is present.

Cake is not able to connect to the database."

No other errors show up either on that page or in the PHP logs so I am
stumped why it can't connect.

The password, login and database are definitely valid as I was able to
connect to the database using vanilla mysql_connect and mysql_selectdb
statements without error

Re: Problems connecting to MySQL 4.1 on PHP 5.1.1 using IIS 6

chwagssd

Hate to ask a simple question, but perhaps it will help. Did you make
sure that your database host was localhost? Or could you perhaps use
your local ip like 192.181.1.*   ? Let us know what you are putting for
your database host.

Re: Problems connecting to MySQL 4.1 on PHP 5.1.1 using IIS 6

Mariano Iglesias

I'm sorry but this is completely out of scope for the purpose of this
group. [hidden email] is for handling messages *REGARDING*
CakePHP development, not just general PHP. There are other groups for
that.

Furthermore, a very basic google search would yield results:

http://www.google.com.ar/search?hl=es&q=mysql+4+php+5+iis+6+connection+problem&meta=

Next time please DO SEARCH for yourself, and if you don't find anything
DROP YOUR MESSAGE on the appropiate group.

Re: Problems connecting to MySQL 4.1 on PHP 5.1.1 using IIS 6

Matt-134

Database host is set as localhost, exactly the same setting as used in
the when doing vanilla mysql_connect which works fine.

Re: Problems connecting to MySQL 4.1 on PHP 5.1.1 using IIS 6

Matt-134

Disregard this thread, the cause of the problem was a small typo.