Re: Slow Site Load time Question

Bibek Shrestha

how long does temporary caching last in debug mode?

Re: Slow Site Load time Question

Nextri

is there a way to see load time when in production mode?

Re: Slow Site Load time Question

Troy Schmidt

My understanding was 24 hours for model caching.

If the site will be quite large then I would recommend looking into
view caching.  Just make sure you do all your homework and understand
about requestionactions, query execution, and how to exclude view
caching or will just create more headaches for yourself just diving in
to it without reading up on it first.

On Oct 29, 9:42 pm, "bibek" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> how long does temporary caching last in debug mode?

Re: Slow Site Load time Question

Nate Abele

20 seconds.

Re: Slow Site Load time Question

Nate Abele

20 seconds in debug mode, several years in production.

Re: Slow Site Load time Question

Nate Abele

Yeah, log it.  You could add something like the following to the end of
app/webroot/index.php

Object::log(round(getMicrotime() - $TIME_START, 4));

Re: Slow Site Load time Question

Chris Hartjes

On 10/30/06, Nextri <[hidden email]> wrote:

> is there a way to see load time when in production mode?

You can get that from your web server logs, can you not?

--
Chris Hartjes

"The greatest inefficiencies come from solving problems you will never have."
-- Rasmus Lerdorf

@TheBallpark - http://www.littlehart.net/attheballpark
@TheKeyboard - http://www.littlehart.net/atthekeyboard

Re: Slow Site Load time Question

Bibek Shrestha

Anybody used eAccelerator or anything similar for caching?
Will php accelerators be useful?

:-) i know i should find it out myself, but haven't got enough time.

bibstha

Re: Slow Site Load time Question

Bibek Shrestha

the load time in my home machine
Webserver started
http://demoapp

1) 1:00 min
load time ~ 4sec

2) 1.15 min
load time ~ 0.5 sec

3) 2 min
load time ~ 0.8 sec

4) 6 min
load time ~ 4.2sec

Re: Slow Site Load time Question

Nate Abele

I use APC, and the performance gain is pretty significant (i.e. 20 -
30% speed increase).