Re: count(*) in custom query

Morris-2

I'm wondering if anyone has any idea as to the reason for this little
annoyance, as it's cropping up for me too (when I get a COUNT() in a
custom query within cake)? Though I don't recall it in previous builds
of cake and wonder if its due to something new?

-Ryan

Kevin Uni wrote:

> hi DJ Spark,
> I am using 2 servers
>
> Developer Sever:(works well)
> Debian linux
> php 4.4.2
> mysql 4.1
>
> Product Server:(problem occurred)
> Redhat linux RS4
> php4.3.9
> mysql 4.1
>
> So i changed my code,sample:
> $keys = array_keys($result[$i]);
> echo $result[$i][$keys[0]]['num'];
>

> On Oct 9, 9:05 am, "DJ Spark" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >  I had the same problem here. how is your configuration ?
> > mine is:
> > - winXP
> > - mysql 5
> > - php 5
> > - apache 1.3
> >
> >  spark
> >
> > On 10/8/06, Kevin Uni <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >

> > > Hi all,
> > > I am using cake to do a custom query just like "selectcount(*) as num
> > > .. from tab1 left join tab2 on tab1.id = tab2.tid inner join tab3 on
> > > tab3.id =tab2.did group by tab1.id ..... "
> > > and cake return an Array called $result , it has something like
> > > $result[$i][0]['num'], but when I put it on another server(the same
> > > cake version),it return : $result[$i]['#sql_e8b_0']['num'].
> > > So why and when cake uses the special index like "#sql_e8b_0" instead
> > > of [0] ?--
> > [web]http://synapsisdi.com.br
> > [livesets]http://djspark.com.br/mp3

Re: count(*) in custom query

Nate Abele

See if using findCount makes a difference.