Surreal login mandelbug

castarco
Hello, I've wrote here one month ago about the same problem, I couldn't solve it, and I'll try another time.

I have a login method in users controller that works well in my development environment (Windows 7 + Apache 2.2 + PHP 5.3.6) , if i write the correct user and the correct pass, then I can log in and play with my app, if I write wrong login info, then the login method tell me I wrote wrong datra.

But... in the production environment I have a superstrange bug. I'm working with Linux (I can't know the version :s, I'm not the admin), with PHP 5.3.2, the configuration of PHP is the same as the configuration in my development environment.

The bug: When  i write the correct login data, then the login is made "correctly", but I can't see it, automaticly the app logouts and send me another time to the login view (without any error message). When i put wrong login data the app works well, the login method tells me that i wrote incorrect data.

The database (included AROs and ACOs and relations between AROs and ACOs) are exactly equal in both environments.

The code:
Users Controller: http://pastebin.com/NgX0d6L5

I'm desperate U_U . In any case,
thanks in advance.

--
Our newest site for the community: CakePHP Video Tutorials http://tv.cakephp.org
Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://ask.cakephp.org and help others with their CakePHP related questions.

Re: Surreal login mandelbug

Teddy Zeenny
Can you check if you are reaching the dashboard action (in users controller) before being logged out?

For example by setting

function dashboard()
{
    exit('in dashboard');

   //dashboard code here
}

2011/9/2 Teddy Zeenny <[hidden email]>
Can you check if you are reaching the dashboard action (in users controller) before being logged out?

For example by setting

function dashboard()
{
    exit('in dashboard');

   //dashboard code here
}

I've checked it :( , i'm not reaching the dashboard action...

[...]

- Per la llibertat del coneixement -
- Per la llibertat de la ment...       -

--
Our newest site for the community: CakePHP Video Tutorials http://tv.cakephp.org
Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://ask.cakephp.org and help others with their CakePHP related questions.

Re: Surreal login mandelbug

Teddy Zeenny
Ok no problem...

I don't think it will be hard to fix.. Just need to locate the problem.

It might be that the login action in the users controller is not redirecting at all.

Replace the login function with this and let me know what happens.

public function login () {
$this->set ('title_for_layout', 'ARE · Gestió de Pràctiques externes');
$this->set ('header_text', 'ARE · Gestió de Pràctiques externes');
if (isset ($this->data) && $this->Auth->login ($this->data) == 0) {
$this->set ('cleanLogin', false);
} else if(empty($this->data)) {
$this->set ('cleanLogin', true);
}
              else {
                     exit ('login action not redirecting');

On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 4:16 PM, CaStarCo <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Ei!! Yes, now I'm reaching the user dashboard action. I'm sorry, i didn't wait  enough time.

I'll look if i can reach the "specific" dashboard (there are many controllers with speciallized dashboards for different groups of users).

2011/9/2 CaStarCo <[hidden email]>

2011/9/2 Teddy Zeenny <[hidden email]>
Can you check if you are reaching the dashboard action (in users controller) before being logged out?

For example by setting

function dashboard()
{
    exit('in dashboard');

   //dashboard code here
}

I've checked it :( , i'm not reaching the dashboard action...

--
Our newest site for the community: CakePHP Video Tutorials http://tv.cakephp.org
Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://ask.cakephp.org and help others with their CakePHP related questions.

Re: Surreal login mandelbug

castarco
WoW!! ... O_O ...

The "else" statement is not executed... it's so strange :s .  Then, the unic statement can be executed is the "elseif" statement, and is because this why i see the "clean login" with no error messages... but I don't understand what happens with the form data... (because when the data is not correct, the app can know it and show an error message...).

[...]

No, i don't think this is it... I think the login function is not running at all if login is successful because you don't have autoRedirect=false.

Which means we didn't find the problem yet.

Ok, next step, in the login view, replace:

<?php if (!$cleanLogin): ?>
<?php endif;?>

with this:

 <?php echo $this->Session->flash('auth');?>

Try it and let me know what happens

On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 4:35 PM, CaStarCo <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

When i write incorrect data: the same, appears an error message, no surprises.

When i wrote the correct login data: :( , appears the error box (no surprises here, it's the html+css code), but empty, without error messages. As in the other cases, i can't reach the dashboard.

[...]

Daniel Luiz Pakuschewski
I saw this bug last week but i dont had time to debug and check where
is the problem.. but to me, Auth just bug like you said if i try to
access app with IP of server.. if o access with domain all work
fine... Ex.. 127.0.0.1/app will not work. but localhost/app work fine.

--
Our newest site for the community: CakePHP Video Tutorials http://tv.cakephp.org
Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://ask.cakephp.org and help others with their CakePHP related questions.

Re: Surreal login mandelbug

castarco
Daniel, that's not my problem. In the development environment i have no problem (using localhost or the ip, this don't care, both options work well).

My problem is with the production environment, I'm using a typical url, with it's domain name and directories... ( http://www.ub.edu/areintra/apps/Yoda )

2011/9/2 Daniel Luiz Pakuschewski <[hidden email]>
I saw this bug last week but i dont had time to debug and check where
is the problem.. but to me, Auth just bug like you said if i try to
access app with IP of server.. if o access with domain all work
fine... Ex.. 127.0.0.1/app will not work. but localhost/app work fine.

--
- Per la llibertat del coneixement -
- Per la llibertat de la ment...       -

--
Our newest site for the community: CakePHP Video Tutorials http://tv.cakephp.org
Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://ask.cakephp.org and help others with their CakePHP related questions.

Re: Surreal login mandelbug

phpMagpie
Are you sure the login is authenticating (Does the session include the
user details)?

If so, where should an authenticated user be redirected to?  Are you
sure the users who is logging in is then Authorised to view the page
they are being redirected to?

HTH, Paul
@phpMagpie

--
Our newest site for the community: CakePHP Video Tutorials http://tv.cakephp.org
Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://ask.cakephp.org and help others with their CakePHP related questions.

Re: Surreal login mandelbug

castarco
Hello, I've solved the problem thanks to Teddy Zeeny.

The problem was solved turning off the CheckAgent option in the core.php file, and setting the security level to "low". Now I'm not in the office and I can't verify what of those options are the "important" in my case, this afternoon I'll write more precisely about the solution :) .

--
Our newest site for the community: CakePHP Video Tutorials http://tv.cakephp.org
Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://ask.cakephp.org and help others with their CakePHP related questions.

- Per la llibertat del coneixement -
- Per la llibertat de la ment...       -

--
Our newest site for the community: CakePHP Video Tutorials http://tv.cakephp.org
Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://ask.cakephp.org and help others with their CakePHP related questions.

Re: Surreal login mandelbug

castarco
Hello another time:

finally, the problem was in the 'Security.level' constant , setting it to 'low' solved the problem . The 'CheckAgent' option was not important to solve the problem.