Upgrade manual from 2.7.5 to 2.8.1

Nicklas
Hi All,

Is it possible to do a manual upgrade from 2.7.5 to 2.8.1 by doing a file compare and upload the new files?

The migration guide is not quite clear other then: CakePHP 2.8 is a fully API compatible upgrade from 2.7. This page outlines the changes and improvements made in 2.8.

--
Sign up for our Newsletter for updates.
http://cakephp.org/newsletter/signup

We will soon be closing this Google Group. But don't worry, we have something better coming. Stay tuned for an updated from the CakePHP Team soon.

Follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/CakePHP

Re: Upgrade manual from 2.7.5 to 2.8.1

Andras Kende
Hello,

Just replace the entire: /lib/Cake/ with the latest version (do backup first just in case)

Check the migration guide for changes between your versions:
http://book.cakephp.org/2.0/en/appendices.html

Andras Kende