View cells and helpers

Simon Bradley
Hi

Feel like i'm starting to get to grips with cakephp. Really loving it now.

Here's something that's got me stumped though.

I've build a plugin (For learning purposes) that builds a menu. It has a helper that builds the menu. I wanted to get access to this helper in the view cell file and i found it has a helpers property.

However, when i add the name of my helper to this property the helper is not available in the view cell file. It is available in the display file though!

I would really like to access this helper in the viewcell and i just wanted to know if anyone one here knows how to do that?

Cheers.