Virtual Field alternative with "belongs to" Relation

Virtual Field alternative with "belongs to" Relation

Sven Mäurer
I have a category model which can have a parent. In want a virtual field that also shows the parent before the own name. The parent is not required. As far as I researched virtual fields are not working with relatd models. Any suiggestions?

Re: Virtual Field alternative with "belongs to" Relation

Rob Maurer
Hi Sven,
Sounds like you need a tree, not a virtual field. Maybe this page will be helpful? http://book.cakephp.org/2.0/en/core-libraries/behaviors/tree.html
Especially methods getParentNode() and getPath()
-Rob