about "update" ajaxOption

Samuel-22

Hi all:
if there is a div tag like this:
My initial datas
case is that:
I use observerField() to update this area when some chages happens in
the target field,but how can I leave the original data "My initial
datas" there and add the updated datas ?
like
My initial datas
my new datas

thanks all!!

Re: about "update" ajaxOption

Bert Van den Brande

I think either
* pass the initial data along to the ajax call so your returned
content can include the initial data + new data
* or write a small custom javascript function that retrieves the
initial content and then adds the new content to it

Sadly enough I don't think this functionality is wrapped in some Ajax
helper methods, so you will need to digg a bit into javascript and the
Prototype stuff

On 11/2/06, Samuel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all:
> if there is a div tag like this:
> My initial datas
> case is that:
> I use observerField() to update this area when some chages happens in
> the target field,but how can I leave the original data "My initial
> datas" there and add the updated datas ?
> like
> My initial datas
> my new datas
>
> thanks all!!

Re: about "update" ajaxOption

Samuel-22

thanks bert.becos I think cake should have supplied us with some
motheds/options to implement this function.disappointly,the result is
not so good as I thought. maybe it is a good idea to write the custom
code as you mentioned above.

Re: about "update" ajaxOption

fr33dom

morning,

just my 2 cents on the matter - but CakePHP does a hell of a lot of
things. And they have a wonderful job tracking system for not only
bugs but enhancements. If they were to miss a small bit of
functionality here and there, i'm inclined to let it slide...

... and report an enhancement ticket.

thanks again fella's for everything that is Cake.

cheers,
mikee

On 05/11/06, Samuel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> thanks bert.becos I think cake should have supplied us with some
> motheds/options to implement this function.disappointly,the result is
> not so good as I thought. maybe it is a good idea to write the custom
> code as you mentioned above.

Re: about "update" ajaxOption

Samuel-22

thanks Mikee for the attention you have paid to this topic.Of
coures,cake is good enough to enhance and clerify the process of
development.Appreciate for all the jobs u guys have done for cake