custom 404 error page

spamfunk@googlemail.com

Hi there,

I would like to build my own custom Error pages, with my own layout
template.
In the manual I've read, that you have to put the pages into the
folder:
/app/views/errors

But how can I call those files and not the cake ones? I use my app in
debug level 0.

Thanks

Felix

Re: custom 404 error page

Shalanga

[hidden email] wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I would like to build my own custom Error pages, with my own layout
> template.
> In the manual I've read, that you have to put the pages into the
> folder:
> /app/views/errors
>
> But how can I call those files and not the cake ones? I use my app in
> debug level 0.
>

> Thanks
>
> Felix

Good question, i am trying to do exactly the same thing...
tutorial could avoid thousand of doubts and new topics

Re: custom 404 error page

Andrew McCafferty

Felix,

In my /app/views/errors directory, i've created the following files

error404.thtml
missing_action.thtml
missing_controller.thtml
missing_view.thtml

These override the default cake error pages (which you can find in
/cake/libs/view/templates/errors)

Perhaps I misunderstand your question though - are you looking to use a
layout template other than default.thtml for your errors?

Re: custom 404 error page

Grant Cox

And if you do want to use a different layout, just have

$this->layout = 'your_layout'

inside the view .thtml file.