Quantcast

date time calendar picker

Tapan Kumar Thapa
Hello Community,

Can anyone suggest good light weight (with minimum configuration) calendar picker which should have hour, min and seconds feature?

Regards
Tapan Thapa
India

--
Our newest site for the community: CakePHP Video Tutorials http://tv.cakephp.org
Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://ask.cakephp.org and help others with their CakePHP related questions.

RE: date time calendar picker

Krissy Masters
Define minimum.

I think asking such a lazy question is as miminum as it gets.
I suggest google “best date picker” Odds are its js based ☺ So maybe tell people what js your using?

Re: date time calendar picker

Dakota
This is the one I use: http://tinyurl.com/6g2xokx

It is incredibly powerful!

--
Our newest site for the community: CakePHP Video Tutorials http://tv.cakephp.org
Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://ask.cakephp.org and help others with their CakePHP related questions.

Re: date time calendar picker

Tapan Kumar Thapa
Your are the magician Walther...:-)

How did you manage to create this kind of beautiful gmail demo search?? Nice one i should admit.....

The suggested java script calendar will full fill my requirement...I think so but the question is how i should add in my code?

Should i need to write my own html to add this java script or there is any changes i need to do in helper class or something else?

http://www.rainforestnet.com/datetimepicker.htm (Great calendar) with good explanation.

Regards
Tapan Thapa
India

--
Our newest site for the community: CakePHP Video Tutorials http://tv.cakephp.org
Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://ask.cakephp.org and help others with their CakePHP related questions.

Our newest site for the community: CakePHP Video Tutorials http://tv.cakephp.org
Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://ask.cakephp.org and help others with their CakePHP related questions.

Re: date time calendar picker

anand
hi tapan,
this is the most light weight date picker with variety of option.

get this link

http://jqueryui.com/demos/datepicker

hope this may help u.

regards

Anand
cake developer
www.anshusys.com.

--
Our newest site for the community: CakePHP Video Tutorials http://tv.cakephp.org
Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://ask.cakephp.org and help others with their CakePHP related questions.

Re: date time calendar picker

Tapan Kumar Thapa
I have seen this web site but i think your suggested calendar does not provide seconds in calendar. Does it?

Regards
Tapan Thapa
India

--
Our newest site for the community: CakePHP Video Tutorials http://tv.cakephp.org
Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://ask.cakephp.org and help others with their CakePHP related questions.

Our newest site for the community: CakePHP Video Tutorials http://tv.cakephp.org
Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://ask.cakephp.org and help others with their CakePHP related questions.

Re: date time calendar picker

anand
u cant expect all that u need will get exactly.
u need to change the format in its code.
have u tried the options at the right side of page ?
and bellow it the possible changes and functions are given just refer
them.

Anand
cake developer
www.anshusys.com.

On Feb 22, 12:01 pm, Tapan Kumar Thapa
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have seen this web site but i think your suggested calendar does not
> provide seconds in calendar. Does it?
>
> Regards
> Tapan Thapa
> India
>
> On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 12:25 PM, andy_the ultimate baker <
>
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> > hi tapan,
> > this is the most light weight date picker with variety of option.
>
> > get this link
>
> >http://jqueryui.com/demos/datepicker
>
> > hope this may help u.
>
> > regards
>
> > Anand
> > cake developer
> >www.anshusys.com.
>
> > On Feb 22, 11:18 am, Walther <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > This is the one I use:http://tinyurl.com/6g2xokx
>
> > > It is incredibly powerful!

> > calendar

> > --
> > Our newest site for the community: CakePHP Video Tutorials
> >http://tv.cakephp.org
> > Check out the new CakePHP Questions sitehttp://ask.cakephp.organd help
> > others with their CakePHP related questions.

Our newest site for the community: CakePHP Video Tutorials http://tv.cakephp.org
Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://ask.cakephp.org and help others with their CakePHP related questions.

Re: date time calendar picker

Tapan Kumar Thapa
Hello Community,

Finally i have got one jquery based calendar.

http://jqueryui.com/docs/Getting_Started

how to from this site:

<input type="text" name="date" id="date" />

JS:

$('#date').datepicker();

My current code to select date with form helper is:

echo $this->Form->create(array('controller' => 'users', 'action' => 'view'));
echo $this->Form->input('StartDate', array(
'type' => 'datetime',
'dateFormat' => 'DMY',
'minYear' => date('Y'),
'maxYear' => date('Y'),
'timeFormat' => '24',
'selected' => date('Y-m-d 0:00:s'),
'attributes' => array(),
'empty' => FALSE
)
);
echo $this->Form->input('EndDate', array(
'type' => 'datetime',
'dateFormat' => 'DMY',
'minYear' => date('Y'),
'maxYear' => date('Y'),
'timeFormat' => '24',
//'selected' => null,
'selected' => date('Y-m-d H:i:s'),
'attributes' => array(),
'empty' => FALSE
)
);
echo $this->Form->end('Search');

Can anyone suggest how to use jave script calendar under form-create-input?

Please suggest.

Regards
Tapan Thapa
India

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I have seen this web site but i think your suggested calendar does not
> provide seconds in calendar. Does it?
>
> Regards
> Tapan Thapa
> India
>
> On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 12:25 PM, andy_the ultimate baker <
>
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> > hi tapan,
> > this is the most light weight date picker with variety of option.
>
> > get this link
>
> >http://jqueryui.com/demos/datepicker
>
> > hope this may help u.
>
> > regards
>
> > Anand
> > cake developer
> >www.anshusys.com.
>
> > On Feb 22, 11:18 am, Walther <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > This is the one I use:http://tinyurl.com/6g2xokx
>
> > > It is incredibly powerful!

> > calendar

> > --
> > Our newest site for the community: CakePHP Video Tutorials
> >http://tv.cakephp.org
> > Check out the new CakePHP Questions sitehttp://ask.cakephp.organd help
> > others with their CakePHP related questions.

Our newest site for the community: CakePHP Video Tutorials http://tv.cakephp.org
Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://ask.cakephp.org and help others with their CakePHP related questions.

Our newest site for the community: CakePHP Video Tutorials http://tv.cakephp.org
Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://ask.cakephp.org and help others with their CakePHP related questions.

Re: date time calendar picker

DavidJ
if I understand you well you want to call action with .ajax. I do like this:

echo $this->Form->create(null, array(
'default' => false,
'inputDefaults' => array(
'label' => false,
'div' => false
)
));

//----Input-------------

echo $this->Form->input('StartDate', array(
    'type' => 'datetime',
    'dateFormat' => 'DMY',
    'minYear' => date('Y'),
    'maxYear' => date('Y'),

    'timeFormat' => '24',
    'selected' => date('Y-m-d 0:00:s'),
    'attributes' => array(),
    'empty' => FALSE
        )
);
echo $this->Form->input('EndDate', array(

    'type' => 'datetime',
    'dateFormat' => 'DMY',
    'minYear' => date('Y'),
    'maxYear' => date('Y'),
    'timeFormat' => '24',

    //'selected' => null,
    'selected' => date('Y-m-d H:i:s'),
    'attributes' => array(),
    'empty' => FALSE
        )
);

//----------------------

echo $this->Form->end(array(
'label' => 'Search',
'id' => 'seach'
));

$this->Js->get('#seach')->event('click',
$this->Js->request(
array(
'controller' => 'users',
'action' => 'view',
),
array(
'async' => true,
'dataExpression' => true,
'type' => 'json',
'method' => 'post',
'data' => $js->serializeForm(array('isForm' => false, 'inline' => true)),
'success' => 'renderTrack(data);',
)
));

I hope you looking  for this.

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I have seen this web site but i think your suggested calendar does not
> provide seconds in calendar. Does it?
>
> Regards
> Tapan Thapa
> India
>
> On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 12:25 PM, andy_the ultimate baker <
>
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> > hi tapan,
> > this is the most light weight date picker with variety of option.
>
> > get this link
>
> >http://jqueryui.com/demos/datepicker
>
> > hope this may help u.
>
> > regards
>
> > Anand
> > cake developer
> >www.anshusys.com.
>
> > On Feb 22, 11:18 am, Walther <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > This is the one I use:http://tinyurl.com/6g2xokx
>
> > > It is incredibly powerful!

> > calendar

> > --
> > Our newest site for the community: CakePHP Video Tutorials
> >http://tv.cakephp.org
> > Check out the new CakePHP Questions sitehttp://ask.cakephp.organd help
> > others with their CakePHP related questions.

Our newest site for the community: CakePHP Video Tutorials http://tv.cakephp.org
Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://ask.cakephp.org and help others with their CakePHP related questions.

Our newest site for the community: CakePHP Video Tutorials http://tv.cakephp.org
Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://ask.cakephp.org and help others with their CakePHP related questions.

Our newest site for the community: CakePHP Video Tutorials http://tv.cakephp.org
Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://ask.cakephp.org and help others with their CakePHP related questions.

Re: date time calendar picker

Tapan Kumar Thapa
No i am sorry but i don't want to use ajax at all as i don't have much knowledge on this.

I just to enable start and end date search via a calendar which should have date and time with seconds feature so i have found out jquery calendar (http://jqueryui.com/demos/). I want to implement this with cake form helper (or with any other method). Please suggest.

Regards
Tapan Thapa
India

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I have seen this web site but i think your suggested calendar does not
> provide seconds in calendar. Does it?
>
> Regards
> Tapan Thapa
> India
>
> On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 12:25 PM, andy_the ultimate baker <
>
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> > hi tapan,
> > this is the most light weight date picker with variety of option.
>
> > get this link
>
> >http://jqueryui.com/demos/datepicker
>
> > hope this may help u.
>
> > regards
>
> > Anand
> > cake developer
> >www.anshusys.com.
>
> > On Feb 22, 11:18 am, Walther <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > This is the one I use:http://tinyurl.com/6g2xokx
>
> > > It is incredibly powerful!

> > calendar

> > --
> > Our newest site for the community: CakePHP Video Tutorials
> >http://tv.cakephp.org
> > Check out the new CakePHP Questions sitehttp://ask.cakephp.organd help
> > others with their CakePHP related questions.

Our newest site for the community: CakePHP Video Tutorials http://tv.cakephp.org
Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://ask.cakephp.org and help others with their CakePHP related questions.

Our newest site for the community: CakePHP Video Tutorials http://tv.cakephp.org
Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://ask.cakephp.org and help others with their CakePHP related questions.

Our newest site for the community: CakePHP Video Tutorials http://tv.cakephp.org
Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://ask.cakephp.org and help others with their CakePHP related questions.

Our newest site for the community: CakePHP Video Tutorials http://tv.cakephp.org
Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://ask.cakephp.org and help others with their CakePHP related questions.

Re: date time calendar picker

Tapan Kumar Thapa
Hello Community,

I finally managed to achieve what i was wanting with calendar.

Good calendar with date,time and seconds. (http://www.rainforestnet.com/datetimepicker-tutorial.htm)

My code to use above calender in $this->Form->input is:

<?php
echo $this->Html->script('datetimepicker_css'); //(Actual datetimepicker_css.js i have put under C:\Projects\cakephp-1.3.7-0-g9f58309\app\webroot\js\datetimepicker_css.js)
?>
<b>Reports</b>
<?php
echo $this->Form->create(array('controller' => 'users', 'action' => 'view'));
echo $form->input('StartDate',array('label'=>'StartDate','type'=>'text', 'onclick'=>"javascript:NewCssCal ('IncomingStartDate','yyyyMMdd','arrow',true,'24',true)"));
echo $form->input('EndDate',array('label'=>'EndDate','type'=>'text', 'onclick'=>"javascript:NewCssCal ('IncomingEndDate','yyyyMMdd','arrow',true,'24',true)"));
echo $this->Form->end('Search');
?>

Thanks all for your input and this is for some else as well if they want to achieve the same.

Regards
Tapan Thapa
India