deleting all association matching the joint table (HABTM)

deleting all association matching the joint table (HABTM)

francky06l

Hell all,

Just a quick question about the existing way in cake to remove all the
association records in a join table, base on the shared table id ?
Well if we get the sample Post/Tag, the post declare an HABTM relation
with Tag, everything is ok to manage the posts_tags table from the the
post model..

But suppose, you want to delete a Tag ? you'll have to remove all the
associations pointing to this tag from the table posts_tags. Is there
something "built-in" in cake that I have missed ?

So far I manage this by creating specific queries, also making some
queries to know if a "tag" is used or not in an association.. Maybe
there is a better way ..?

Thanks