dynamic table names in wordpress

mohamed felfel

i'm working on writing plugins for the multiuser version of wordpress.
Which creates a whole bunch of new tables for everyuser. By default, it
produces 8 tables for each user, my plugin will add two more, but lets
assume, that the number of tables per user is m, and we have n users.

wp-1-firsttable1, wp-1-table2,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,wp-1-tablem

wp-2-firsttable1, wp-2-table2,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,wp-2-tablem

wp-n-firsttable1, wp-n-table2,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,wp-n-tablem

I cant make cakephp work for that!, any input.

Re: dynamic table names in wordpress

mohamed felfel

still not having any luck with this guys, any input?

Re: dynamic table names in wordpress

Chris Hartjes

On 11/8/06, mozey <[hidden email]> wrote:

> still not having any luck with this guys, any input?

You won't be able to use the built-in db model stuff if you have
constantly changing table  names.  That would require changes to the
model classes themselves, which is likely a topic way beyond the
capacity of most of the people who are on this list.

I know it's not much of an answer, but that's the most likely scenario.

Perhaps Nate and PHPNut can suggest something, but I suspect their
answer would be the same as mine.

Hope that helps, and good luck.

--
Chris Hartjes

"The greatest inefficiencies come from solving problems you will never have."
-- Rasmus Lerdorf

@TheBallpark - http://www.littlehart.net/attheballpark
@TheKeyboard - http://www.littlehart.net/atthekeyboard

Re: dynamic table names in wordpress

mohamed felfel

unfortunat. But, it sure did help. thank you.

Re: dynamic table names in wordpress

cookxyz@gmail.com

Hmm....Can't he change the $useTable variable to reflect the name of
the table he is working with? Or does that var have to be set before
the class is loaded?

On Nov 9, 5:08 pm, "mozey" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> unfortunat. But, it sure did help. thank you.

Re: dynamic table names in wordpress

killer-g

wp mu is just changeing the prefix of the tables. you can also set the
table prefix inside cake somewhere. maybe this is a possible way