Quantcast

how to deploy i18n translations ?

Alysson Gonçalves de Azevedo
In my development environment the I18n works fine, i can set the locale with both ini_set('intl.default_locale', 'pt_BR') and I18n::locale('pt_BR').

But on my server nothing seems to work.
Permissions are fine, cakephp can read the src/Locale files and write cache files on tmp/cache/persistent.
In fact cakephp do write the translated cache file
$ cat tmp/cache/persistent/app_cake_core_translations_default_pt_br
1450793103
O:20:"Aura\Intl\Translator":4:{s:11:"*fallback";N;s:12:"*formatter";O:32:"Cake\I18n\Formatter\IcuFormatter":0:{}s:9:"*locale";s:5:"pt_br";s:11:"*messages";a:0:{}}

I my environment the *messages has all the translations while server none.

What else could be the problem? I don't know what else can i do.

Thanks.

Alysson Gonçalves de Azevedo

Re: how to deploy i18n translations ?

Dino Moreira
One year later and I have this exactly problem.

Messages in __("English") are translated as expected in WAMP development environment. But not in Fedora FC21 Linux Using same apache+php versions...