how to integrate openID with Auth component?

how to integrate openID with Auth component?

Andrei Thomaz

dear forum,

I am developing a very simple admin with CakePHP. I want the user be
able to login using OpenID, so he/she can use the same username/
password from a WordPress site (this part is done).

I could install the openid component (http://cakebaker.42dh.com/
2008/02/06/new-version-of-the-openid-component/) successfully, but I
am not being able to figure out which actions are needed to integrate
it with Auth component. What I want is that, after the login through
openid succeds, all the controllersn using Auth component allows
access to the user.

Have you done something similar? How?

thank you,
andrei

Re: how to integrate openID with Auth component?

Matti Putkonen

Some code I used way back when using the Auth + OpenId:

http://trac.assembla.com/bakesale/browser/bakesalehq/controllers/users_controller.php

On 24 touko, 20:55, Andrei Thomaz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> dear forum,
>
> I am developing a very simple admin with CakePHP. I want the user be
> able to login using OpenID, so he/she can use the same username/
> password from a WordPress site (this part is done).
>
> I could install the openid component (http://cakebaker.42dh.com/
> 2008/02/06/new-version-of-the-openid-component/) successfully, but I
> am not being able to figure out which actions are needed to integrate
> it with Auth component. What I want is that, after the login through
> openid succeds, all the controllersn using Auth component allows
> access to the user.
>
> Have you done something similar? How?
>
> thank you,
> andrei

Re: how to integrate openID with Auth component?

BrendonKoz

Daniel Hofstetter also wrote an article about this some time ago:
http://cakebaker.42dh.com/2008/12/09/how-to-use-the-openid-component-with-the-auth-component/