othAuth Missing Component File

funksplutter

Hi All,

I've come across a strange problem using othAuth which I'm sure is
something pretty straightforward that I just can't see.

On my test server I have my app, which uses the othAuth component for
user authentication, and
everything works fine. However when I upload this to a remote server I
get a Missing Component File for othAuth.

The DocumentRoot and directory structure on both servers appear to be
the same (I've used the production setup described in the manual) so
does anyone have any idea what could be causing the problem?

Cheers in advance.

Re: othAuth Missing Component File

Eric C Blount
I had the same problem - I believe othAuth is broken for newer releases of Cake. I ended up using obAuth, though the group lockdown feature of that seems broken (which isn't a problem for me, I only have 2 users on that system).

Anyway, I couldn't get it installed either - I hope the developers of othAuth will release a version that either works with the current Cake release, or (in the case that we're doing something wrong) is easier to install and get running.

HTH,
Eric

On 11/1/06, funksplutter <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi All,

I've come across a strange problem using othAuth which I'm sure is
something pretty straightforward that I just can't see.

On my test server I have my app, which uses the othAuth component for
user authentication, and
everything works fine. However when I upload this to a remote server I
get a Missing Component File for othAuth.

The DocumentRoot and directory structure on both servers appear to be
the same (I've used the production setup described in the manual) so
does anyone have any idea what could be causing the problem?

Cheers in advance.

Re: othAuth Missing Component File

funksplutter

Thanks for the reply Eric.

The odd thing is that othAuth works great on my local machine - in fact
I'm really pleased with it. It's only on the remote server I seem to
have a problem which I'm guessing has something to do with a file path.

Re: othAuth Missing Component File

funksplutter

Solved it - and annoyed at myself for not having spotted it before.

othAuth.php on my local server had to be renamed to othauth.php on the
remote. Once this was done everything worked.

On Nov 2, 8:11 am, "funksplutter" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thanks for the reply Eric.
>
> The odd thing is that othAuth works great on my local machine - in fact
> I'm really pleased with it. It's only on the remote server I seem to
> have a problem which I'm guessing has something to do with a file path.

Re: othAuth Missing Component File

funksplutter

No I didn't solve it  - I just disabled it al together so if anyone has
any clue as to what is happening with this code their help would be
much appreciated.