run Model::beforeSave before Behavior::beforeSave

run Model::beforeSave before Behavior::beforeSave

Is there any way to ensure that Model::beforeSave runs before Behavior::beforeSave?

My use case is saving multiple records into a model with Tree behaviour, where the scope can change from record to record.

So, using Model::beforeSave I check to see if the scope field has a value and if so I set the Tree scope to that value.

Problem is Tree::beforeSave has already ran and set the lft and rght values not taking the correct scope into account.

I can get around this be manually calling the following in Model::beforeSave right after setting the scope ...

... but this feels really hacky.

Any ideas on how I control the order/priority of beforeSave actions?

Thanks, Paul.

Like Us on FaceBook
Find us on Twitter

Visit this group at